Wednesday, October 7, 2009

the robots are alive


After researching April Greiman, I really got into the collage thing. So I googled “collages” and found this very interesting piece, which lead me to the online portfolio of James Dawe. (http://jamesdawe.co.uk/illustratedape.html)

By looking at this piece I get a very cold feeling. It kind of makes me feel uncomfortable, because it's very robot like, but has a lot of human touch to it, which makes me relate to it. And I don't really like that. Besides that, I think this piece is a great work of collage art. I get a 3-D feeling, and the picture seems alive. All the different elements seem to work perfectly together to make the whole piece harmonious. 


2 comments:

  1. I agree with you. The design does feel cold, but in a good way

    ReplyDelete
  2. This design makes me feel (straight up), that we are human machines run by many things such as corporations and politicians. We have machines such as computers, but we as humans, we run them and we fix them. "we are still robots" with this big brain of knowledge.

    ReplyDelete